Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Miss Purple's 2nd Grade Plans

Miss Purple is still at the stage of loving school work, so she goes through quite a few workbooks.

Math: Math Mammoth is going great for her, so we're sticking with that this year. I'm also adding in the Life of Fred Elementary Series, starting with Apples. 

Language Arts: First Language Lessons 2, Writing With Ease 2, Spelling Workout D, and Sequential Spelling 1 when she feels like doing it with Mr. Blue.

History: We have completed one 4 year cycle and are now starting the 2nd. We are using Story of the World Book 1 again. I started out switching to Mystery of History for a change, but they all rebelled and missed Jim Weiss' voice.

Science: We are doing a couple of things this year. The 2 little girls are going to a science co-op once a week, which they're enjoying but isn't as in depth as I'd like. So, another co-op mom and I decided to add on Apologia's Zoology 2. We meet once a week before the other co-op and do the experiments and notebooking. We have finished Chapter 1 and are moving on. I think it will be a fun year, culminating with a trip to an aquarium.

Latin: I've been putting off starting this again. She has finished Song School Latin, but I wasn't able to do it with her. She didn't retain as much as I would like. I can't decide if we should redo that or do Prima Latina. I love Memoria Press products, but I'm not sure if I have the time to devote to it at the moment.

Art: We are doing Artistic Pursuits this year in a co-op with another family. The older kids do a different curriculum, but the littles like Artistic Pursuits so far.

So, that's her 2nd grade plans. I'll get back to you and let you know what actually got done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

.